I Was Meant To Play Hakeem On Empire, Nigerian Singer Reveals

Nigerian/American singer Rotimi is currently playing a drug dealer on the hit TV show –Power

He recently revealed on The Breakfast Club  that he was meant to play the role of Hakeem Lyon on the TV show Empire.
In the interview which he attended alongside 50 cent, the executive producer of Power, Rotimi said,
It was down to me, Quincy (Combs) & Yazz actually & then Quincy dropped out and it was down to me & Yazz. At the time they were telling me, “I got it. it’s yours, you’re the guy”. So I start looking for places in Chicago. I was signing on my lease and everything & I was having meetings with networks. It got to the point where I was turning down offers from other shows because I thought I was gonna be on it.
I turned down a couple of things. Like Star wars
He also reveals he could never have played the role of the gay son on the show (Jamal Lyons) and won’t play the gay character
Watch his interview below, 

1 comment:

  1. you this naija guy, are you sure of this your story?

    ReplyDelete